segunda-feira, 18 de abril de 2011

IED & Photography

Hello everyone.

You might not know because this is a recent blog but I have, for many months, been obsessed with trying to get into a Fashion Communication course at IED - Instituto Europeo di Design. Today I have received information (and documents) necessary to my application, which means I can now - finally - apply.
I am dreadfully nervous even though I know it will be a long process but getting in or not is a life or death matter to me. Literally - I have no idea what to do with my life if I don't get in. So in the next few days I will be preparing documents, signing up for a photography course and putting together a small photography portfolio - optional, but I have decided I will submit at least some photographs, better than not showing anything.

So today I'm here to, besides talking about how nervous I am, show you something I've wanted for a long time (yes, another thing I want to buy).

An example from Amazon.

 
Yes, a 35mm film (and slide) scanner. As you probably know I've become an analogue photography fanatic and most of my monthly allowance goes towards getting film developed. 35mm film can go from 5€ to 7€; getting it developed goes for about 5-7€ as well. Doesn't sound expensive at all - 20€ tops for a roll of film? Wonderful! The thing is, when you get your negatives, how are you going to see the pictures? You have to print them, right?
Well, printing can cost up to 15-20€. So what started out as 10€ per film turns into sometimes more than 30€ - film, development and printing. Cool, huh? If you have two films developed and printed, instead of paying 20€ total you can pay up to 60€. For someone like me, who does about 4 or 5 rolls of film per month,  it ends up making a pretty big hole in my wallet, when I could save sometimes more than 100€ per month.

If you have one of those nifty things up there, which go for less than 90€, you pay 5€ for film, 5€ for development and none for printing. But what if I want prints of my photographs anyway? Well, if you scan your own negatives, you'll have, say, 5MP photographs on your computer... which means you can pretty much print them yourself at home. 

For someone who is really into analogue photography, it ends up saving you a LOT of money! So my decision right now, since I already got my wonderful lens ( o b s e s s e d with it), is to save for this lovely little item, which will eventually help for saving more money!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário